A Consumer Advisor role has been introduced to our wards at Peninsula Health to enhance the patient experience. Whilst on the ward the Consumer Advisor may:
- Assist patients to provide feedback on their experience collecting surveys electronically at the bedside
- Raise awareness and encourage patients, their families or carers to ‘speak up’ and ask questions about their care
- Review consumer survey experience reports and assists staff in identifying opportunities for improvement
- Participate in observational audits
- Be a friendly face, offer opportunity for light/social conversations with patients, families and carers
….And many more
As a Consumer Advisor we ask that you:
- Complete an application form and provide the names of 2 referees
- Attend an interview
- Undergo a National Police Check through Peninsula Health (no cost to you).
- Be able to show proof of up-to-date COVID 19 (includes booster) and Influenza Vaccinations
- Sign and agree to our conditions of the role adhering to privacy, confidentiality, code of conduct and working towards our vision, purpose and values
- Complete relevant orientation and training
- Keep us updated with any changes in availability or contact details
Participation is voluntary and you can choose to exit the program at any time.