Our CCU is a residential treatment and support service staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week for people experiencing significant unresolved mental illness and co-existing complex psychosocial challenges.
Our CCU is staffed dedicated mental health professionals including:
- consultant psychiatrist
- medical doctor
- registered and enrolled nurses
- social worker
- peer support workers with lived experience
- access to a music therapist, exercise physiologist, and dietician via referral
On admission to the CCU our team will work with you to establish a plan of care, treatment and support that combines detailed assessment and interventions within a rehabilitation and recovery philosophy. This is a collaborative process with you, your carers and family.
The CCU provides:
- specialist mental health assessment and treatment including medical and allied health input in a residential home like environment
- intensive care coordination, medical, allied health and lived experience support to help reduce the impact of mental illness for you and the people in your life
- functional assessments to help work you and treating team understand what support may help you live well in the community after leaving CCU
- Comprehensive and flexible support in order to effectively meet your needs.
Who we care for
Our CCU works with adults between the ages of 18 – 64 residing in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula Areas.
Our CCU may be a good option to consider if you have experienced significant and ongoing mental health challenges that impact on your ability to function. A referral to our CCU is an opportunity for you to review treatment options and engage in a supportive rehabilitation focused program that is tailored to your unique recovery goals.
How to access this service
Most referrals for our CCU will be made by other parts of the Peninsula Health Mental Health and Wellbeing Service for existing consumers who may benefit from this additional level of support.
If you are not linked with a Peninsula Health Mental Health and Wellbeing Service and would like to know more about the CCU please contact Mental Health Telephone Triage.