Eating the right foods can help you stay healthy. Dietitians give advice about your diet. They help you understand what foods and diet is best for you.
We can help you with
- healthy eating information
- reading food labels
- choosing the best food when shopping or eating out
- healthy ways to prepare and cook food
- low cost meals
Who can use the service?
This service is for anyone, especially for the following people:
- you are sick of diets that don’t work
- diabetes, or you are at risk of getting diabetes
- high cholesterol or high blood pressure
- Coeliac Disease
- food allergies (eg nut, dairy, soy or egg) or food sensitivities (eg wheat, lactose, fructose),
- low levels of Iron, Vitamin B12 or Vitamin D
- eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia
Where is the service available?
How to access this service
Call 1300 665 781 between 8:30am-5:00pm (Monday-Friday) and an ACCESS worker will give you further details on the service.
If you are over the age of 65 or an aboriginal over the age of 50 years contact the My Aged Care call centre on 1800 200 422 or access the website www.myagedcare.gov.au