Embracing both the secular and the sacred.
We offer patients and visitors the chance to express concerns or issues related to their overall spiritual and emotional health and wellbeing. Members of the Spiritual Care team can spend time with you, listening to you and offering support.
What do we do?
Our spiritual care team works with all patients, regardless of religion, to assist with:
- Spiritual or emotional care and support
- Religious and sacramental care
- Prayer and reflection
- Referral to faith representatives and support agencies such as Orthodox Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Baha’i and Buddhist
- Spiritual support when going through unexpected change in health or lifestyle
- Grief and loss
- Advocacy for patients and families
- Palliative care support
- Clinical spiritual education
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander spirituality
Where you can go to pray or think
Peninsula Health has sacred areas for prayer, meditation, quiet reflection and rituals. Patients, residents, families and staff are welcome to use these areas at anytime during their stay or visit.
- Frankston Hospital Sacred Space – Level 3 / Ground Floor inside main entrance
- Frankston Hospital Aboriginal Healing Garden
- Frankston Golf Links Road Sanctuary – Tattersalls Palliative Care Unit
- Rosebud Hospital Chapel
Spiritual Care team
8am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Tel: (03) 9784 7026 or (03) 9784 7691
Tel: (03) 9784 7777