Providing optimal nutritional care to consumers across all settings at Peninsula Health.
What we do
Dietitians assist consumers, in both the inpatient and community settings, to achieve their food and nutrition goals using an evidence based practice approach. They assess an individual’s nutritional status, plan and implement appropriate nutrition interventions, and provide nutrition education accordingly. The Nutrition and Dietetics team works actively with Food Services to ensure the provision of high quality food and nutrition services across Peninsula Health.
Where we’re located
Our nutritionists and dietitians work widely across the health service. They provide advice to both inpatients and outpatients in areas including:
- Acute services at Frankston Hospital, Rosebud Hospital
- Subacute services at Golf Links Road Frankston, The Mornington Centre, Rosebud Hospital
- Acute outpatients: Frankston Hospital
- Specialists clinics: Oncology, diabetes, gestational diabetes, PEG clinic, maternity/women’s health, paediatrics and mental health.
- Community Rehabilitation Program at Golf Links Road, The Mornington Centre and Rosebud Hospital
- Community Health services at Frankston, Mornington, Hastings, Rosebud, Residential Aged Care services at Carinva, The Transition Care Program (TCP) and the At Home Program
Your GP or specialist doctor can refer you to see our dietitians via a written referral.
A central service called “ACCESS” is responsible for receiving all Community referrals and booking initial appointments. Your doctor can fax the referral to ‘ACCESS’ on 9784 2309 or you can phone ACCESS on 1300 665 781
There may be a wait for your initial appointment date, as there is often a high demand for appointments.
Dietitians can also visit you in your home where appropriate.
Information for students
The Nutrition and Dietetics department has a teaching partnership with Monash University School of Nutrition and Dietetics, providing student clinical, public health and food service placements.
Teaching and supervision is principally provided by our Grade 2 Dietitians to students across a number of different clinical areas and sites. These placements are designed to provide students with experience in nutritional management across a wide variety of clinical areas and settings.
A strength of our service is the number of our final year students who in recent years have commenced their careers with Peninsula Health upon graduation.
Tel: (03) 9784 2660