This blog was written by Taylah Steer, a Health Promotion Practitioner at Peninsula Health.
Frankston City is trialling Neuron Mobility pedal-assisted e-bikes across various suburbs. The trial is servicing parts of Frankston city over the next 12 months with 150 e-bikes. So, keep an eye out for these bright orange bikes around town.
What is a pedal-assisted e-bike?
A pedal-assisted e-bike has a motor that kicks in once you begin pedalling, to help create an easier ride. These pedal-assisted e-bikes provide power assist until the bike reaches 25km per hour, allowing for a comfortable, smooth ride around town and to work.
Where can you ride the pedal-assisted e-bikes?
The e-bikes are for use within the identified geo-zoned riding areas, which can be located in the Neuron app. The initial 12-month trial incorporates Seaford, Frankston North, Frankston, and Frankston South. You can see on the map below, the geo-zoned riding area. You can pick up an e-bike from any of the 30 locations across the region- including Frankston Hospital. Then when finished with the e-bike, you can leave it anywhere within the geo-zoned riding areas.
Where at Frankston Hospital can I find them?
There will be multiple Neuron e-bikes located onsite in two areas:
- Outside of the Integrated Health Building to the right, facing Hastings street.
- At the entry of the multi-deck car park.
How can you make use of a pedal-assisted e-bike?
There are many ways you can make use of e-bikes around our city; we have listed a few below:
- Pedal to work a couple of days a week. If your house is in the geo-zoned e-bike area, you could ditch the drive and ride to work a couple of days a week with an easy parking location at Frankston Hospital. If you live outside the geo-zoned area, park a little further away and jump on an e-bike to pedal the rest of the way to work.
- Explore our beautiful Frankston foreshore on an e-bike. Grab some friends for a ride and pack a picnic to have along the waterfront or ride to one of the many local business’ in town.
- Hire an e-bike to ride through town and check out the fantastic array of street art from a various local and international artists.
The new e-bikes are the perfect way to stretch your legs and explore our city’s many parks, playgrounds, local businesses and attractions, in a more sustainable, cost effective and active way.
For more information on Neuron Mobility pedal-assisted e-bikes in our area, follow the links below and download the Neuron App: