Our Transition to Specialty Practice programs (TSP) are available to registered nurses with greater than 12 months acute nursing experience who wish to advance their development and clinical expertise in either Intensive Care Nursing or Emergency Nursing at Peninsula Health.
About the program
The TSP programs endeavour to provide learners with;
- A strong understanding of anatomy and physiology to inform further knowledge acquisition and critical thinking skills when assessing and providing care to patients.
- A dynamic and supported learning environment to apply theory to practice.
- Access to clinical support and supervision to support learning.
- Academic and clinical skills required to undertake post graduate studies in the chosen nursing specialty.
The TSP programs use multi-modal delivery including;
- Online modules
- Bedside tutorials
- Supported supernumerary practice
- Structured face-to-face courses/study days
- Skills workshops
- Online and bedside assessments.
The TSP program will provide learners credit points towards the Masters of Nursing in the relevant specialty area.
The TSP programs are advertised twice per year via our career portal.