Designed with variety and flexibility in mind, our General Graduate Nurse Program provides a safe and positive environment with a wide variety of clinical experience for graduate nurses as they develop their general nursing knowledge and skills.
12 month program
Number of rotations
Choice of two or three
PMCV General Nursing Graduate Applicants will not be required to complete a face to face or online interview with Peninsula Health. Applicants will be assessed on documents provided, references and PMCV video interview. Non PMCV applicants will attend an online interview.
The program includes:
- Choice of three four-month rotations OR two six-month rotations providing graduates the opportunity to request areas of preference
- Choice of working hours including full time (including ADO) or part time employment of 8 or 9 days per fortnight.
- Orientation program
- Supernumerary time on commencement of all rotations
- Annual leave
- Four graduate study days
- Professional development leave for ongoing education
- Online learning modules
- Advanced skills available such as IV cannulation, PICC management,
- Seven day rotating roster
- LEAP day – get paid to be supernumerary in an area of choice and to try it out.
We support our graduates’ development through a team of excellent educators and support services
- Graduate coordinators and clinical nurse educators
- Clinical support nurses available seven days per week
- Preceptor allocated for all rotations
- Senior support from NUM/ANUM’s and clinical nurse specialists
- Regular debrief sessions face to face and online
- Employee Assistance Program
Areas available for rotation
The program is designed to provide a variety of rotation to consolidate your nursing skills. Rotations may be at any of the Peninsula Health sites, including Frankston and Rosebud Hospitals, Golf Links Road and The Mornington Centre.
Rotations are guided by graduate preference and availability enabling us to build a program to suit individual career goals.
Speciality rotation areas
We have a wide variety of medical surgical and speciality rotations.
|Child and Adolescence
|Hospital in the Home
For more information on this program, download our information booklet.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org