Frankston VIC 3199
Ph: (03) 9784 7777
About the Coronary Care Unit
The Coronary Care Unit provides inpatient services for a large number of clients, from the Mornington Peninsula, with a diverse range of cardiac problems, which include:
- Acute Coronary Syndromes (Unstable Angina, NonSTEMI, STEMI)
- Acute Pulmonary Oedema
- Cardiac Rhythm disorders
- Major Pulmonary Embolism.
As a team we work closely with the Cardiac Angiography Unit, the Cardiology Department, the Cardiovascular Nurse and the Complex Care team to provide both inpatient (interventional and diagnostic) services and outpatient/rehabilitation/ secondary prevention services, which include:
- Elective angiograms.
- Elective or Acute Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (balloon angioplasty &stent)
- Temporary or Permanent pacemaker insertion (including outpatient follow-up)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Complex Care Coordination