The Mornington Centre
Cnr Tyalla Grove & Separation Street
Mornington Vic 3931
Phone: (03) 5976 9012
Fax: (03) 9784 2322
Phone: 1300 665 781
Fax: (03) 9784 2322
Referrals may occur from any source, including the family, GP, specialist, the client themselves or other advocates for the client.
About the Cognitive, Dementia and Memory Service
The Cognitive, Dementia and Memory Service (CDAMS) is a specialist diagnostic and assessment service for people with cognitive, dementia and other memory problems and those concerned about memory loss and changes to thinking.
What is involved in a CDAMS assessment?
- A CDAMS assessment will include medical and allied health consultations, and may include a visit to your home. Where appropriate, other specialist assessments will be conducted i.e. neuropsychology. The outcomes of these consultations will be discussed with the client, and if agreed to, with their family and general practitioner. CDAMS Specialists include community nurse; geriatrician; psychogeriatrician; occupational therapist; social worker; and neuropsychologist.
- The outcome of the assessments include:
- expert clinical diagnosis,
- information on appropriate treatments
- the development of a care plan
- education, support and advice
- direction in future planning including information and advice on Powers of Attorney and driving.
- appropriate and timely counselling for the person, carer and family to allow greater understanding of dementia
- linkages for clients or their family to other service providers or community supports
- Facilitate cross referrals to other service providers including:
- Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS)
- Psychogeriatric assessment team (PGAT)
- Community based services
- Alzheimer’s Association Victoria
- Occupational Therapist Driving Assessments
A fortnightly clinic is also held at the Rosebud Community Rehabilitation Centre.
Geographic Area Covered
City of Frankston
Mornington Peninsula Shire
City of Kingston (Bonbeach to Edithvale)
There are no charges for assessments conducted by CDAMS.