Peninsula Health acknowledges and pays respect to the traditional people of this region, known as the Myone Buluk of the Boon Wurrung language group of the greater Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to the land this organisation stands on today. We bestow the same courtesy to all other First Peoples, past and present, who now reside in this region.
According to Boon Wurrung tradition, this land has always been protected by Bunjil the creator and spiritual leader who travels as an eagle, and by Waarn, who protects the waterways and travels as a crow.
Bunjil taught the Boon Wurrung people to always welcome guests. But he required the Boon Wurrung people to ask all visitors to make two promises:
- To obey the laws of Bunjil, and
- Not to harm the children or the land of Bunjil.
About the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Service
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Service can help you access the services you need. We also help the services that work with Community to provide culturally suitable services.
We can help you find:
- Health services such foot care, physiotherapy, healthy eating and diabetes information, occupational therapy, dental care and counselling.
- Health assessments and information
- Help to see a doctor
- The Koori swimming program
- Koori Community Kitchen
- The school holiday Koori Youth & Family Program
- Respite to give carers a rest
- Referral to all community services including disabilities, family violence, housing, justice, youth, etc
- Cultural awareness training
Who can use the service?
Any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person/s who reside or work in the Frankston or Mornington Peninsula LGA regions, and their partners or carers.
Where is the service available?
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Service is available at the following Peninsula Health sites:
Frankston Community Health
Frankston Integrated Health Centre
2 Hastings Road
Ph: 9784 8100
Hastings Community Health
185 High Street
Ph: 5971 9100
Mornington Community Health
62 Tanti Avenue
Ph: 5970 2000
Rosebud Community Health
1527 Point Nepean Road
ROSEBUD WEST 3940
Ph: 5986 9250
How to get support by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Service
Telephone 1300 665 781 between 8:30am-5:00pm (Monday-Friday) and an Access Worker will give you further details on the service.