Rapid Assessment Cardiac Unit (RACU) (new fax 9784 2383 Feb 2017)
Mental Health Triage – 1300 792 977
Clinical Response Service/ Resi-in-Reach - 0439 117 955
- Phone : 0439 117 955
- Hours : 0800 – 1800 Monday to Friday / 0900 -1700 Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
- Provides acute medical management in patient’s own environment as an alternative to ED presentation.
- Aim to see patients within 4 hours. Provides an alternative to ED for RACF residents requiring relatively simple clinical procedures or assistance with end of life issues.
- Exclusions – Chest pain, Abdominal pain, Pelvic pain, Severe breathlessness, Neurological symptoms, Head injury on warfarin. HIGH LEVEL CARE Resident ALL CONDITIONS may be treated in RACF NO EXCLUSIONS
Hospital in The Home -9784 7777
- Phone : 9784 7777 ask for HITH Consultant
- HITH provides medical/nursing care in the home and RACFs for patients with a clear diagnosis or treatment plans in a virtual hospital setting for eligible patients.
- 24/7 service
When referring to ED, phone calls to the admitting officer and referral letters with an accurate medication list and copies of test results are very helpful.
Frankston ED Consultant
- Phone 9784 7196
- Frankston Fax 9784 1164
- Frankston Patient Enquiries 9784 7777
Rosebud ED Consultant
- Phone 5986 0623
- Rosebud Fax 5986 0728
REMINDER : Emergency Paediatric Surgical Services at Peninsula Health
GPs are reminded that emergency Paediatric General and Urological surgery is not usually performed at Frankston Hospital. If you are managing a child less than 16 years who is unwell and who is likely to deteriorate clinically or require surgery ( for example probable appendicitis, testicular torsion) please strongly consider referring them to Monash Health directly. Emergency paediatric Plastic Surgery and Orthopaedic services are available for patients with acute injuries who are referred to or present to the Frankston Hospital Emergency Department.
- Victorian Burns Units Burn Management Guidelines
- Emergency Department Fact Sheets
- Paediatric Fracture Guidelines – RCH
- Paediatric Fracture Casting Videos