**NEW – Reduced Fetal Movements clinical practice guideline
- Shared Maternity Care Reduced Fetal Movements 2017
- RFM – Contact Women’s Health Unit immediately Ph 9784 7959.
- Don’t wait until the next day!
- Beware of recurrent presentations
**NEW- Important changes to Outpatient Fax numbers
Please note that effective immediately several Peninsula Health Outpatient fax numbers have changed. 07/03/2017
Further changes are pending. Once all new numbers are confirmed, we will publish a full and final list and e-mail it to your practice.
New fax number
· Cancer related clinics
· Child and Young Adult Clinics
· Medical Clinics
· Surgical Clinics
· Women’s health and Antenatal
Rapid Assessment Cardiac Unit (RACU)
Women’s health Unit
· IUD clinic
The ACCESS fax number remains unchanged- 9784 2309
New fax numbers for Diabetes, Cardiology and Respiratory Investigations will follow in the coming weeks.
A temporary diversion has been put in place from the old fax numbers.
Detailed service directories and referral forms are in the process of being amended.
These changes are needed as Peninsula Health is migrating all legacy faxes to new Electronic RightFax Infrastructure in readiness for the NBN (National Broad Band Network) installation. Existing analogue services are scheduled to be switched off after the NBN completion.
Outpatient enquiries can be made by phoning- 9784 2600
** NEW- Secure Messaging Project At Peninsula Health
Changes to electronic delivery of discharge summaries as a prelude to developing the capacity for GP e-referral
Peninsula Health will be transitioning to ReferralNet as the preferred method of delivery for discharge summaries, with the transition scheduled to begin on 23 November 2016. There will be no appreciable impact on GPs and practices with this change. Discharge summaries will be presented to GPs in the same format within their clinical information system as before.
Electronic discharge summaries are currently delivered via Healthlink and this will continue to occur for a short period to enable gradual transition, however practices are strongly encouraged to register for ReferralNet receiving capability if they do not already have it.
GPs and practices with a ReferralNet capability will start to receive their discharge summaries via ReferralNet rather than Healthlink from the above date.
In addition, Peninsula Health is focusing on enabling electronic referrals for outpatient services. This will require:
· The development of a referral template (or templates) to automate the extraction of data from core GP clinical information systems, including Medical Director, Best Practice, Genie and Zedmed; and
· The installation of ReferralNet for sending and receiving secure messaging at General Practices across the catchment.
Practices who are keen to be involved in the initial implementation of eReferral for Outpatients, provisionally scheduled for Q1 2016, should contact the project manager for further information.
For further information on the project please contact: David Hutcheson, Project Manager (email@example.com)
For information on your practice’s ReferralNet status, please contact Global Health:
Telephone: 1300 723 938, then press 2 for Support and then 4 for ReferralNet Support
More information can be found in the following documents;
Education Events for GPs
Peninsula Health Events
As this is a reaccreditation year please find below some ideas for pregnancy related learning that will help you attract the required minimum of 10 Cat 2 CPD points.
- Smoking: http://starttheconversation.org.au/ http://www.quit.org.au/learning-hub
- Alcohol and pregnancy http://www.alcohol.gov.au/internet/alcohol/publishing.nsf/Content/wwtk
- Perinatal mental health https://www.beyondblue.org.au/health-professionals/perinatal-mental-health/free-online-training
- Diabetes https://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/tools-e-learning
- Caring for bereaved parents http://www.sands.org.au/for-professionals
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip http://www.ddheducation.com/
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction in the pre and postnatal periodshttps://thinkgp.com.au/education/bladder-and-bowel-dysfunction-pre-and-postnatal-periods
External Events for GPs
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction in the pre and postnatal periods– Free online education via ThinkGP- https://thinkgp.com.au/education/bladder-and-bowel-dysfunction-pre-and-postnatal-periods
- Detecting and managing perinatal mental health disorders in primary care– Free online education via ThinkGP.- http://thinkgp.com.au/beyondblue
GP NEWS - brief GP focussed newsletter containing service information, Outpatient updates and GP education
Our GP News is sent to local Practice Managers via email, we ask them to forward it to all GP’s in each practice.
If you would like to be added to this database please contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org