The work of Peninsula Health volunteers is deeply appreciated by staff, patients and their families. More than 800 volunteers currently complement the care and treatment of patients / clients across all sites of our health service.
Volunteers add to our quality of health care by helping support patients / clients, their families, staff, visitors and the community. There is a variety of activities where volunteers can assist. Some of these include:
- Being involved as a consumer/community member on one of Peninsula Health’s range of committees and groups
- Greeting and assisting at the hospital’s volunteer desk
- Emergency department support
- Collecting surveys
- Exercise / walking groups
- Flower arranging
- Pastoral Care
- Games and craft activities
New volunteering roles are regularly developed to meet the needs of Peninsula Health services and their clients.
- Volunteers are asked to make a commitment for a minimum of six months and agree to undertake required training.
- In accordance with legislation volunteer applicants must undergo a Police Check (paid for by Peninsula Health) and in some instances a Working with Children Check.
Current Volunteer Vacancies
We are currently recruiting volunteers for:
- Pink Ladies Auxiliary would welcome new members to assist in the cafe at Frankston Hospital. Click on Join our Volunteers flyer for more information.
- Frankston Hospital’s ‘Speak Up’ Program. Click on our Volunteer flyer for more information. If you wish to help out please contact the Volunteer Office on 9788 1536 or email CommunityParticipation@phcn.vic.gov.au.
- Flower Arranging volunteers needed on Tuesday mornings at The Mornington Centre. If you wish to help out please contact the Volunteer Office on 9788 1536 or email CommunityParticipation@phcn.vic.gov.au. Click on our Volunteer Flyer for more information.
- The Rosebud Hospital Kiosk team is looking for volunteers. They operate Rosebud Hospital’s busy main public café in the entrance foyer. Click on our Volunteers needed flyer for more information.
- If you are interested in having input into Peninsula Health services through being involved in one of our committees we would be delighted to hear from you. Contact Michelle Daniel on 9788 1221 or email MDaniel@phcn.vic.gov.au for more information about vacancies on our committees and becoming a Community Representative at Peninsula Health.
Peninsula Health is fortunate to have a number of Auxiliaries established by volunteers who dedicate their time and efforts towards enhancing our health service. With many active auxiliary groups, members can be found delivering flowers to a new mum, selling a cappuccino in one of the kiosks, participate in a garden group and provide support to staff. Auxiliaries provide practical help to Peninsula Health and make lifelong friendships through social fundraising events.
Current Peninsula Health Auxiliaries include:
- K.I.D.S. Auxiliary
- Frankston Hospital Men’s Auxiliary
- Pink Ladies Auxiliary of Frankston Hospital
- Friends of the Frankston Hospital Emergency Department
- Friends of Carinya Auxiliary
- Rosebud Auxiliary
- Rosebud Hospital Kiosk Auxiliary
- Rosebud Hospital Pink Lady Group
- Rosebud Hospital Garden Group
With demands for Peninsula Health services growing every year, the additional resources provided by our auxiliaries’ philanthropic efforts are invaluable in enabling us to offer a comprehensive range of medical and nursing services.
To find out more about volunteering at Peninsula Health, please download our Volunteer brochure (pdf 1 MB).
Enquiries can be directed to our Community Participation Office on 9788 1536 or email CommunityParticipation@phcn.vic.gov.au