More than 800 volunteers currently complement the care and treatment of patients and clients across all sites of our public health service. They can be found helping out in wards, kiosks, emergency departments, activity rooms, reception areas and in the community.
The work of Peninsula Health volunteers is deeply appreciated and valued by staff, patients, clients and their families. Volunteers help enhance the quality of the service care we provide and encourage community engagement.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience for all those involved. It is important for you to think about what you would like from your volunteer experience so that we can best match you to one of our volunteer roles.
Volunteers are asked to make a commitment for 6 – 12 months. Successful applicants will undertake an interview, police check (organised by Peninsula Health at no cost to volunteers) and complete mandatory orientation and training. Please note that for some roles, a Working with Children Check or Statutory Declaration may be required.
For Year 10 -12 students, Peninsula Health has a Work Experience Program which offers students the opportunity to observe and learn about the range of career pathways in Health. For information on how to apply for work experience please contact our Human Resources Department on 9784 2700.
With demands for Peninsula Health services growing every year, the additional resources provided by our auxiliaries’ philanthropic efforts are invaluable in enabling us to offer a comprehensive range of health services. Peninsula Health is fortunate to have a number of Auxiliaries established by volunteers who dedicate their time and efforts towards enhancing our health service.
Peninsula Health Auxiliaries
- K.I.D.S. Auxiliary
- Frankston Hospital Men’s Auxiliary
- Frankston Hospital Pink Ladies Auxiliary
- Friends of Carinya Auxiliary
- Rosebud Auxiliary
- Rosebud Hospital Kiosk Auxiliary
- Rosebud Hospital Pink Lady Group
- Rosebud Hospital Garden Group
Current Volunteer Vacancies
- Agestrong Exercise Leaders would like volunteer assistance 2 -3 hours/ week to run safe, supportive exercise programs for clients across the Peninsula.
- Golf Links Road Rehabilitation Unit 2 would greatly appreciate a volunteer to assist allied health therapy staff with individual, group and ‘special events’ patient activities.
- Help Office volunteers needed at Frankston Hospital to provide information and offer a friendly guiding service for patients and visitors.
- Outpatients Department at Frankston Hospital is looking for more volunteers to join their team to help create a welcoming environment for our clients by assisting with registration, way finding and offering practical support in the waiting areas.
- Patient Companion volunteers now being recruited for Frankston Hospital. This ward based program aims to help patients feel more secure and settled in the hospital environment – especially those patients who have limited support from family and friends and who would benefit from a companion who is able to sit, talk or read with them, assist at mealtimes and maybe walk around the ward or assist in an activity.
- Rosebud Emergency is seeking Assistance & Care (ACE) volunteers. By providing a friendly face, guidance, companionship, conversation and ‘a good listening ear’ our ACE volunteers help create a supportive atmosphere in the Emergency Department.
- Rosebud Hospital Kiosk Auxiliary would welcome new members to assist with providing a great café service for staff and visitors at Rosebud Hospital, helping to raise much needed funds for hospital equipment.
- Speech Pathology Staff would like a volunteer to help them support running the Frankston Social Aphasia Group on Thursday mornings – a group setting for people with aphasia to meet and chat socially. Aphasia is an impairment of language which affects a person’s ability to express themselves – a condition that commonly follows brain injury, frequently a stroke.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer or Auxiliary member we would be delighted to hear from you.
For volunteer enquiries:
Helen Wilson | Volunteer Program Manager
PO Box 52 FRANKSTON 3199
03 9784 2674 | email@example.com
Gloria Callery | Coordinator of Volunteers Community Health
Frankston Community Health
PO Box 52, Frankston 3199
03 9784 8174 | firstname.lastname@example.org
For Pastoral Care volunteer enquiries:
Alexis Ward | Manager of Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy
PO Box 52 FRANKSTON 3199
03 9784 7691 | email@example.com
For printer friendly information, please download our Volunteer brochure (pdf 1 MB).